torek, 2. marec 2010

So, let's start...

In my postgraduate course named ''New media and society'' I was given an assignment to write a blog. Although I think of myself as a person who easily accepts new technologies on (and off) the Internet and uses them with no bigger problem, I never thought I would ever write a blog. Blogs are not new anymore and are a frequently used medium for expressing oneself, so I guess it's about time that I too join those individuals and about time that I include blogs on the list of Internet tools and media that I use daily (or at least weekly).

The purpose of this blog is to write about new media and society, about the Internet and its novelties and about my reflections on them. I graduated in Communication studies in 2009 on Faculty of social science in Ljubljana, where we studied about older and newer media and their consequences on individuals and on society. But because we almost can't keep up with the constant development of new media and technologies, and because of my interest in this area, in my postgraduate study (also Communication studies) I chose a course named New media and society, where I have the opportunity to listen to Nicholas Jankowski, the initiator and co-editor of the journal New Media and Society and a professor from whom we can all learn a lot about this area of research. I hope to upgrade my knowledge on new media and their consequences, and I will share a part of this newly gained knowledge on this blog...

Will be posting soon, Ines

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar